Tuesday, September 16, 2008

comfort food

Well, it may be a heat wave in Oregon this week, but that doesn't stop me! I'm still going to cook. Sure I keep making spring rolls and forgetting to take pictures! I just love them so much, I just eat them right up! I actually don't have a recipe for them, someone told me once (I think it was Krista - props) how to use rice paper and the put anything you want in it. It was a food revolutionary moment for me. I love rice paper and do put everything in it. Next time, I promise I'll try to hold back and take a photo first.

OK as I type this is what I'm eating....

coconut yams from food front coop deli - i am in love w/ these!
kale slaw - also seriously in love w/
bbq tofu - made it myself
lentil salad - made it myself

Remember a few weeks ago I posted a pesto recipe, but didn't show the finished product, well, here it is. I added some smoked mozzarella cheese I found on sale. I couldn't resist the smoked cheese addition! Also lightly sauted peppers, onions and baby tomatoes. I used quinoa noodles that's why they are yellowish.


served it w/ a salad w/ the delish spicy pumpkin seeds.



Finally - the couch is here!!



I sat on it. I will sit on it again. I prefer to not sit on it and just look at it cause it is so pretty.

Well, this post kinda sucks, but I gotta run. I really just wanted to post a pic of the couch since I said I would.